Friends of the Muskoka Watershed is a Muskoka-based not-for-profit corporation that fosters research to promote the protection and wise management of Muskoka lakes and watersheds. Friends of the Muskoka Watershed is looking for someone with a passion for the environment and strong organizational skills to take the lead on designing two new Citizen Science programs.
ASHMuskoka Wood Ash Distribution on Private Properties:
Design and potentially implement (as time allows) a campaign and effective methodology for tracking private property owners who spread residential wood ash on their own properties.
Muskoka Watershed Road Salt Initiative:
Develop a program for lake residents to become Citizen Scientists monitoring chloride concentrations in 10-20 lakes (with a focus on inflows and outflows to monitor the impact of road salt) in the Muskoka/Parry Sound area. Monitoring is planned to begin in Spring 2023.
- Experience in creating project plans including the creation and management of budgets
- Proficiency in digital mind mapping or work flow tools
- Experience with graphic design software (Canva preferred)
- Experience with digital mapping tools, project management software and Microsoft suite would be an asset
- Ability to develop and implement communications plans in collaboration with FOTMW’s Communication Director, including the use of Social Media
- Comfort in dealing with the public and the ability to motivate local volunteers
- Comfort in working with the media and engaging with the public
- The ability to attend in-person meetings in Bracebridge, Ontario 1-2 times per month during the course of the engagement.
This is a short-term, part-time contract starting as soon as possible and being completed no later than February 25th 2023. The time commitment is estimated at the equivalent of 20 hours/week, but with some flexibility depending on how the program evolves.
For more information and/or to apply, please visit:
the Project Manager – Citizen Science Initiatives posting on Indeed.ca